Big Brothers Big Sisters needs YOU.
Big Brothers Big Sisters receives about 60% of our funding from private donations. Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in your community.
Your donation will make a difference…..Another way you can START SOMETHING BIG!
Your gift will be used to:
- Help recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and donors generally qualify for tax deductions. Nearly 90% of every dollar you give goes directly to the Community Based Mentoring and School Based Mentoring programs; the remainder covers the cost of program administration and local fundraising efforts.
No matter how much you give, your contribution will improve the lives of youth in need of a positive role model and caring adult. Change a life today and Start Something Big.
Our Mentoring Works
National research has shown that positive relationships between youth and their Big Brothers and Big Sisters have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives.
Little Brothers and Sisters in our area show results: (according to 2011 Performance Outcome Evaluation feedback)
- 80% improved their overall self-confidence
- 55% improved relationships with their family
- 79% improved relationships with their peers
- 73% improved their schoolwork performance
National Data Shows:
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school.
1 Tierney, J.P., Grossman, J.B., and Resch, N.L. (1995)
Making a Difference: An Impact Study of Big Brothers Big Sisters. Philadelphia: Public/Private Ventures
Some of the ways you can donate:
- Online: www.firstgiving.com/bbbsncw
- By phone: 715-848-7207
- By mail:
- Include Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin in your will
- Donate in memory or in honor of a loved one
There are more than 150 waiting Littles. Help us match them today!
Have more time than money?
We are always in need of volunteers: to serve as mentors, to help out at fundraisers and other events, for light office work, and the list goes on.
Please visit our mentor information page or contact us with your level of interest:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin
2600 Stewart Avenue, Suite 262
Wausau, WI 54401