Come out to Bowl for Kids’ Sake in Merrill!
Get your nerd on and get ready for The Big Bowl Theory!
Bowl for Kids’ Sake — Merrill
at Les and Jim’s Lincoln Lanes
Saturday, March 21
PLUS! Join us 3:00-4:00 p.m. for a local celebrity “meet & greet” — get autographs and chat with local heroes!
What’s Bowl for Kids’ Sake?
Bowl for Kids’ Sake is an annual event benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin. All funds remain in the community and keep our agency’s programming available to the hundreds of local children who need the help of a mentor relationship. Match costs include thorough background checks, enrollment interviews, recruitment of mentors and providing professional, consistent match support.
Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2015
Polish up the nerd goggles and grab your pocket protector…
This year’s theme is THE BIG BOWL THEORY! Get creative with your attire and team name — there will be a costume contest and tons of giveaways at every bowling shift. Our Merrill event takes place at Les and Jim’s Lincoln Lanes and is sure to be a good time!
Put together a team of 4 to 6 players
All skill levels are welcome! It’s not about the score; it’s about having fun while raising pledges to help us match more “Littles” with “Bigs.”
Gather your teammates’ names, email addresses, and T-shirt sizes, and register via this link:
- Register for our Merrill event — this link will take you to registration on Eventbrite.com.
After you’ve registered your team, what’s next?
Print a pledge sheet.
Ask your Team Captain for pledge sheets, print one here, or call our office and we’ll send you one by mail.
Bowlers must present pledge sheets and donations at time of registration. We do not bill for pledges. To help inform potential donors, please see pledge sheet for more information about Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral WI.
Every dollar you raise positively affects the lives of children in our community!
Qualifying pledge amounts are:
* Adults — $75
* High school students — $50
* Kids 13 and under — $25
Reaching the minimum pledge levels gets you two games of bowling, shoe rental, a free T-shirt, and a bit of “alley cash” (for some food and drink). But, don’t forget: we reward overachievers! Check out our full list of pledge-level prizes below.
Show up and have fun!
Get ready to get your nerd on! The theme is THE BIG BOWL THEORY! Get creative with your attire and team name and you could win — there will be a costume contest and tons of giveaways at every shift. Please arrive 30 minutes before your shift with your pledge form (your ticket into the event) to submit your pledges and pick up your event T-shirt and bowling shoes.
Tips and tools
Set up an online fundraising page
With an online page for donations you can email your family, friends, and coworkers asking them to support you!
- Visit www.FirstGiving.com/BBBSNCW.
- Click on “Start fundraising.”
- Select Bowl for Kids’ Sake 2015-MERRILL.
- Have an account from a past event? Sign in. If not, click “Join now” and fill in the fields to create a profile.
- You’ll be asked if you’re part of a team. If so, select your team from the list. To create a new team, enter your team name and organization (business or school) if applicable, and click “Add Team.”
- Follow the instructions to create your page. You can edit your message to donors, make your first donation, etc.
- Click “Submit” and a confirmation page will appear. Congratulations! You are now ready to start collecting pledges online.
More fundraising ideas
- Post a link on Facebook or Twitter to your FirstGiving page (see instructions above) and challenge your friends to help you reach your goal by donating just $1.
- Hold a team bake sale at work or at your church or community center.
- Make greeting cards for Christmas or birthdays and sell them to add to your donations.
- Create a team T-shirt and “sell” shirt space — for every $20 donation, you’ll list someone’s name on your shirts; bigger donations get bigger placement.
- Trade manual labor (shovel snow, wash dishes, etc.) for donations.
- Cater in (or make something yourself) and sell lunches at work — once you’ve met your costs for the food, use the proceeds to go toward your pledge money.
- Host a video-game competition (Rock Band, Wii bowling, etc.) — charge an entry fee and give a portion of the total to the winner, using the remainder toward your donations.
- Host a wine tasting at your house for friends and neighbors and ask them to make a donation.
We’re here to help!
Reaching the minimum pledge levels gets you two games of bowling, shoe rental, a free T-shirt, and a bit of “alley cash” (for some food and drink). If you reach higher pledge levels, you’re also eligible for these great prizes!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Big Strike Sponsors:
(Looking for Bowl for Kids’ Sake—Wausau? Click here for information on our Wausau event.)