We have children in need and the volunteers to mentor them, but we need your financial support to make it happen. Today there are 165 children in Northcentral Wisconsin anxiously waiting to be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister. The joy of being matched and meeting for the first time is much like opening the first present on Christmas Day.
Many of the youths in Community Based or School Based mentoring need stability and a positive role model. Our Littles in Northcentral Wisconsin improve self-esteem, academic scores and social skills while realizing their own potential.
When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin, 86% of every dollar directly supports the Community Based Mentoring or School Based Mentoring program. For a $650.00 donation, you could support a positive Community Based or School Based match for 1 year.
What are donations used for?
- Ensuring child safety – Cover the costs of background checks while trained professionals match Littles with responsible Bigs.
- Match Support – Enable ongoing supervision and relationship support for every Big, Little & Little’s family.
- Match Activities – Provide cultural and social activities for children in our community.
- Recruit “Bigs” – For each match that is made, there are always more children being referred by parents, guardians, or counselors.
Please give to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin; give joy and opportunity to a child in need.
A Match for a Match
Thanks to a very generous donor, your gift will be matched to help create double the impact.
$650.00 Support a match for 1 year
$325.00 Support a match for 6 months
$55.00 Support a match for 1 month
$15.00 Cover the cost of 1 annual background check
Any donation is greatly appreciated. If you prefer to support a specific program or location please indicate that.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northcentral Wisconsin is on the “nice” list:
- Selected Small Business of the Year-Non-Profit by the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce.
- Serving a record number of youths with 504 total children served in 2011.
- Average match cost of $650.00 per year, which is significantly lower than comparable agencies in the state and the national average ($1,000.00+).
Check out Our Stories to read more from local matches.